UK Blinds Direct Latest News and Views
At UK-Blinds.Net, we offer a hughe range of window blinds to suit every taste and budget. However, this can pose a slight problem - with such a huge selection, where to start choosing the right blind for you!
There are advantages and disadvantages to each blind, so this guide should help you understand a little more of each blind type, and how they may or may not be suitable for you.
- Vertical Blinds - These are the most popular choice of blind, and consist of thin (3.5 or 5" drapes) that hang vertically. We offer fabrics in hundreds of different colours and patterns, and the budget ranges are the most cost-effective of all our ranges. They can be angled to allow light in whilst still maintaining privacy, opened right out to enjoy the window view or completely closed at night-time or on a sunny day. The main disadvantage is that they take up most of the window ledge space, meaning photo frames and plants/vases need to be moved!
- Roller Blinds - These are a continues sheet of fabric that covers the window, and rolls up and down on an aluminium barrell. These free up the window ledge space, and are again available in hundreds or colours. However, the ability to tilt them is not there, they are either 'up' or 'down'.
- Venetian Blinds - These are made from either aluminium or wood, and consist of horizontal strips in sizes 25, 35, 50 or 63mm. These are easy to clean, can be tilted and save window ledge space. However, they do collect dust easily, so regular cleaning is needed, and dont have the same colour/pattern ranges as vertical or roller blinds.
- Roman Blinds - These are a fabric blind, which folds up on itself as it is lifted. These look stunning, but are towards the most expensive end of our blind ranges. They save window ledge space, but cannot be tilted.
- Perfect-Fit Blinds - These are a fantastic new innovation, which consists of either a roller, pleated or venetian blinds that comes within a frame that simply clips onto the window frame. These look fantastic and work really well in conservatories, and do not require any drilling on the window pvc. The only slight drawback is that one blind is required per glass pane, so more blinds are required that if selecting traditional blinds.
To get more in depth advice on selecting the right blind for you, please call us today on 07764758159!
Many homes feature a patio area to allow you to sit and enjoy the long, lazy summer days. However, sometimes it can be nice to have a rest from the glare of the sun. Wouldn't it be nice to receive this break without having to go inside and miss out on the nice weather? Well with a fantastic awning, this is now possible!
Awnings provide ample shade, and look beautiful. UK-Blinds.Net are delighted to be able to supply a huge range of awnings, in an array of colours and patterns. Further to this, they can be installed with an easy to use winder control, or an even easier to use remote motor control - the choice is yours!
We offer a free choose at home service, where we can talk you through the full range of options and choices that are available to you. Call us, or fill out an enquiry form to arrange your free, no obligation appointment today!
A common misconception of vertical blinds are that they are only suited for commercial settings. I've lost count of the number of people who, when discussing vertical blinds, have said me to 'I dont want my lounge looking like an office!'
As I often reply to such comments, at UK Blinds Direct we have a huge selection of beautiful vertical fabrics, that would never be seen in a commercial installation. We have stunning colours, patterns and prints, and our vertical range really can bring a touch of style and sophistical even to the most contemporary of houses/apartments.
Of course, vertical blinds also hold distinct advantages over other traditional blind styles:
- They dont collect dust and dirt like wooden and aluminium venetians
- They are more versitile that rollers and romans as they can be tilted to allow varying levels of light and privacy
- They are more cost-effective when ordering for multiple rooms
- There is a greater selection of styles, colours and patterns than other blinds
So for those who are quick to rule out vertical blinds, why not give them a chance - you may be suprised!
Struggling to think of a contemporary, practical and cost effective way to provide privacy and heat-control in your conservatory?
Perfect-fit blinds are one of the latest innovations in window shading technology, and are ideal for conservatories. Available in three beautiful styles; pleated, venetian and roller, they simply 'clip' flush onto the window frame and look stunning.
The advantages over traditional blinds are numerous;
- There is no drilling or screwing so the pvc remains undamaged
- Due to the flush fitting, window sills are left clutter free
- The blinds are tensioned so do not flap around when doors or windows are opened
- asthetically, they are far superior to traditional blinds
- They have a longer life-time than standard blinds
With so many gorgeous UK Blinds Direct fabrics to choose from, there is certain to be something in the perfect-fit range for you!
Call us today for a free, no-obligation quotation!